Postcard from Home

This postcard is from the Historic New Orleans Collection:

“This postcard is for Patricia, who requested images of the church of Notre Dame de Bon Secours on Jackson Ave. One of the three churches of the Irish Channel, Notre Dame was built by French residents and was demolished in 1925 after it was heavily damaged in a 1918 hurricane.”

About the author
Charlie London
  • Get in touch is a community service of Charlie London. Charlie London is the Content Strategist for Faubourg St. John. Click on the icons above this text for more. Even more information is available at Links to the original article (when applicable) are provided in the post.