Green vendors of all types, crafts, kid’s tent, beer, cocktails and more!!
At Bayou St. John, at Orleans Ave and Jeff Davis Parkway.
Help make Earth Day Festival Petrochemical Free: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/new-orleans-earth-day-festival-green-business-expo-petroleum-free
The Louisiana Bucket Brigade, a New Orleans non-profit founded on environmental justice in 2000, organized the first New Orleans Earth Day Festival in 2009 for New Orleans residents’ interest in sustainability and environmental protection.
This is the only event in the area focused exclusively on engaging the local community, environmental organizations, and businesses around environmental sustainability.
What to do…
1. Check out our Green Business Expo, featuring green initiatives of local businesses, non-profits, artisans, and restaurants
2. Take the Rethinking Petrochemicals self-guided tour of the festival, which highlights businesses taking especially important or creative initiatives.
3. Visit our unique craft and delicious food vendors
4. Watch or perform at the Do Watcha Wanna Stage, an intimate setting showcasing local artists and green initiatives
5. Bid at our silent auction on art, collectibles, event tickets, and more
6. Learn about our natural world, dance, and hula hoop in our Kids’ tent
7. Hunt for ancient trees on your bike in the Treasure Hunt Bike Ride
8. Gather your recyclables and build a boat to race in the Bayou Kayaks Earth Day Regatta