Click on the logo for more information about SMART GROWTH. Smart Growth America and Global Green USA are soliciting applications for technical assistance, which is available under grants EPA awarded to these two organizations through the Office of Sustainable Communities’ Building Blocks for Sustainable Communities grant program. (Listen to the November 6 webinar about both offerings.)
Global Green USA’s technical assistance is based on the LEED for Neighborhood Development standard, which provides a nationally recognized method for creating neighborhoods that are walkable, bikeable, resource-efficient, and equitable. At the conclusion of the assistance, the team will provide recommendations for both physical and policy changes that can enhance neighborhood sustainability.
View the application. Applications are due to Global Green by Friday December 20, 2013, 6 PM PST (3 PM EST).
Smart Growth America is offering 12 different technical assistance workshops:
- Implementing smart growth 101
- Planning for economic and fiscal health
- Regional planning for small communities
- Sustainable land use code audit
- Smart growth zoning codes for small cities
- Complete streets
- Walkability workshop/audit
- Transportation performance measurement
- Parking audit
- Implementing transit-oriented development 101
- Cool planning: local strategies to slow climate change
- Using LEED-ND to accelerate the development of sustainable communities
View the application. Applications are due to Smart Growth America by Friday, December 6, 2013, 5:00 PM EST.
Additional assistance may be available from EPA and other grantees in 2014.